UNISAT-7 is GAUSS next-gen research Micro-Satellite that has been developed since 2016, following the tradition of UNISAT Small Satellites.
Gauss Team released the following statement about UNISAT-/ research mission:
“The mission has gone through several design reviews from its initial announcement, and several exciting new capabilities were added in the last eighteen months.
We are now happy to announce and show the official Mission Patch for UNISAT-7!
Some insights on the mission patch:
- On the outer corona you may see the name and Nationality of the satellites and main fixed payloads that will be integrated in UNISAT-7;
- On the background you may see an image of Italy from space, and the lights of Rome, where GAUSS is based;
- In the surrounding octagonal shape, you may read the four words that are the foundations of the mission: Heritage, Research, Radioamateur and Technology;
- The Octagonal blue shape is a recall of the first four UNISAT missions that started this style;
- In the center you may see an actual render of UNISAT-7.
The mission will be based on four fundamentals:
Even during these difficult times, the entire GAUSS team is working non-stop to get UNISAT-7 ready for its launch in Q1 2021.”