Senior back-end developer – Full Time
Help build the future of efficient processing and distribution of satellite imagery.
We are seeking an experienced, driven back end developer to assist in the management, maintenance and further development of our platform; which allows the discovery, acquisition, processing, management and distribution of Earth Observation data.
We offer an opportunity for the right candidate to demonstrate their technical expertise and collaboration skills by working with our multidisciplinary team to solve issues up and down the satellite imagery infrastructure chain, addressing issues of imagery processing, indexation, discovery, distribution, analysis and visualisation.
Candidates should be experienced back-end/server side engineers, who have worked with microservices architectures utilising both synchronous and asynchronous communications, and willing to grow their knowledge of satellites, drones and other remote sensing technologies.
As a Senior Back-End Developer, you will:
- Work with team to maintain and update web and API servers to ensure their accuracy and ease of use for both satellite operators and data consumers,
- Assist in the design and implementation of new API’s, servers, and processing infrastructure systems,
- Work with our science team to design and implement infrastructure for imagery processing and delivery,
- Assist in the production of documentation and technical resources regarding the use and products of the systems
- Field customer enquiries about the APIs and back end system, and any issues customers experience interacting with it or its output artefacts,
- Advise and mentor Junior developers wishing to build their back end experience
Skills and Experience required
- Permitted to work in Australia (citizen, resident or appropriate visa)
- Available for full time work
- Have built large scale applications with a microservice architecture
- Have built applications with asynchronous components
- Familiarity with the Go (Golang) programming language and its idioms
- Familiarity with general cloud computing principles and design methodologies
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Mature written technical communicator (documentation, technical blog writing and reports, etc)
- Curious and Creative
- Independent and self motivated
- Enjoys problem solving
- Enjoys working in multidisciplinary fields
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of of a multidisciplinary team
- Passion for new space industry
What is Arlula?
Arlula is a fast growing space technology startup building software infrastructure for the Earth Observation (EO) sector. Thousands of people and companies are now using Arlula to manage their satellite operations and/or to build apps that can monitor the impact we have on our planet from space.
We are passionate about creating new commercial opportunities in the quickly evolving commercial space industry. We work with a range of international space agencies including NASA and ESA, as well as commercial satellite operators such as Maxar, SIIS, LatConnect60 and others. Our customers make use of our solutions across a range of industries for things such as agriculture, bushfire monitoring, insurance assessment, environmental planning and journalism.
Why join Arlula?
- We are fully funded and growing fast, we have organically 30x’d our platform usage throughout 2022.
- We launched an industry first product in January 2022 and have already secured our first customers.
- We are backed by some of Australia’s leading VC’s.
- Take advantage of a rare opportunity to engage and shape a rapidly evolving space technology industry.
- Engage with users across a variety of industries and see the positive impact your work has first hand.
- Excel in an inclusive and flexible work environment.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary that will scale as the company grows.
- We can also provide further training for the right candidate.
We look forward to growing our diverse team to address the evolving needs of our customers in this growing commercial space sector.
Interested in applying?
If this is something that seems interesting to you and you think you’ll be a good fit, please send your resume, Portfolio and a Cover letter to us at email@example.com