Senior Front End Developer – Full Time
What is Arlula?
Arlula is a fast growing space technology startup building software infrastructure for the Earth Observation (EO) sector. Thousands of people and companies are now using Arlula to manage their satellite operations and/or to build apps that can monitor the impact we have on our planet from space.
We are passionate about creating new commercial opportunities in the quickly evolving commercial space industry. We work with a range of international space agencies including NASA and ESA, as well as commercial satellite operators such as Maxar, SIIS, LatConnect60 and others. Our customers make use of our solutions across a range of industries for things such as agriculture, bushfire monitoring, insurance assessment, environmental planning and journalism.
We’re looking for an experienced and driven front end developer to join our dynamic and growing team who is enthusiastic, a fast learner, self directed, and has a demonstrable web development background and design experience. As part of the role you will assist in reviewing, maintaining and extending our web portal and user interfaces that provide users with the ability to find, access and manage satellite imagery, in addition to other services we provide.
We offer an opportunity for the right candidate to demonstrate their technical expertise and collaboration skills by working with our multidisciplinary team to solve issues relating to issues up and down the satellite imagery infrastructure chain, addressing issues of imagery processing, indexation, discovery, distribution, analysis and visualisation.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will:
- Work with team to maintain and update visual web interfaces and ensure their accuracy and ease of use for both satellite operators and data consumers,
- Assist in the design and implementation of new elements and features of the web interfaces,
- Field customer enquiries about the web interface and any issues customers experience interacting with it,
- Collaborate in review and redesign of web interfaces to improve user experience and clarity where issues are found,
- Advise and mentor Junior developers wishing to build their front end experience
Skills and Experience required
No specific qualifications are required for this position if the applicant has appropriate experience (a portfolio of prior works is preferred).
Qualifications in software, physics, mathematics, or other relevant fields may be an advantage for some applicants.
- 4+ years experience developing and maintaining non trivial web applications,
- Must be experienced with server side rendering strategies and development without a client framework (vanilla JS, without React, Vue or Angular(js)),
- Familiarity with static sites, their creation and constraints
- Experience with the Go (Golang) programming language and its html template library,
- UI/UX design experience,
- Familiarity with the WCAG accessibility guidelines and their impact upon design,
- Experience in desktop application development is preferred, but not required.
- Curious and Creative with a love for learning.
- Independent and self motivated.
- Enjoys problem solving.
- Enjoys working in multidisciplinary fields.
- Passion for new space industry.
Why join Arlula?
- We are fully funded and growing fast, we have organically 30x’d our platform usage throughout 2022.
- We launched an industry first product in January 2022 and have already secured our first customers.
- We are backed by some of Australia’s leading VC’s.
- Take advantage of a rare opportunity to engage and shape a rapidly evolving space technology industry.
- Engage with users across a variety of industries and see the positive impact your work has first hand.
- Excel in an inclusive and flexible work environment.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary that will scale as the company grows.
- We can also provide further training for the right candidate.
Interested in applying?
If this is something that seems interesting to you and you think you’ll be a good fit, please send your resume, Portfolio and a Cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org